To evaluate the ability of the chair base and caster to withstand fatigue stresses and wear caused by moving the chair back and forth.
1. The chair shall be cycled on a smooth and hard surface.
2. If complete chair is to be tested, place 102 kg weights on seat of chair.
3. If a fixture is used, the weight of the test assembly shall be equal to 102kg (base assembly, fixture and swivel).
4. Stroke of the cycling device adjusted to min 762 mm of travel.
5. The cycling device shall be operated at a rate of 10 +/- cyl/min.
6. The chair base shall be cycled 2000 cycles over obstacles and then 98000 cycles on a smooth surface without obstacles.
7. At the conclusion of the cycle a, 2.2 kg pull force shall be applied to each caster in line with the caster stem centerline.